Into His Arms

Soon after the birth of our son, we enrolled him in swimming lessons. He swam instinctively. The water provided a familiar and comfortable environment. Then came the day when he stood on the edge of the pool and jumped in. Without even a hint of fear or hesitation, he happily jumped into his father's arms. His expression remains emblazoned in my mind. It was that of sheer delight! And he wanted to do it again and again. As long as Daddy was there with his arms outstretched, he was more than ready to jump.


Jesus' disciples were terrified as the boat was tossed about like a toothpick (Mark 4:35-41). Meanwhile, Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. How was He in such peace while His disciples were in fear of losing their very lives? Remember, these were experienced fishermen. It's not like they weren't accustomed to storms. The answer: He was resting in His Father's arms. 


How comfortable am I jumping into the arms of my Heavenly Father? Do I really trust Him? Do I find delight in placing my life in His hands at the beginning of each day? Or do I doubt that He's even there? What if He's distracted? What if He doesn't even care? 


Ever noticed how children can sleep in the arms of their parents, even when completely surrounded by chaos?


The arms of my Father is only place of perfect peace. The only place I can rest assured that my life is in His capable hands. He is always there, arms open wide, just waiting for me to jump. And it is in the midst the storms of life when trusting Him brings peace that passes all understanding.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressing the Vine

Never Forget

Without a Doubt