Body Parts

Today I turned 50 and can I just say that it feels like my body is falling apart? Places hurt for no apparent reason and demand my attention no matter how hard I try to ignore it.

Two weeks ago, I stubbed my left pinky toe (actually I think I broke it). Suddenly that tiny little extremity took total control of the rest of my body. It turned a fantastic shade of purple and blew up like a little balloon. It still screams the minute I stick it in a shoe. I limp around all day, then favor and pamper it at night. Meanwhile, it dictates when I work out (or not) so basically gets priority over all other parts because it's hurting!

The Scriptures call those who belong to Jesus Christ the "body" of Christ, while Jesus Himself is referred to as the "Head". The Apostle Paul uses this analogy to explain the importance of each member of the body, regardless of how insignificant some of us may seem. There are people who quietly serve the other members of the body basically unnoticed. But when that person is hurting, we should all - each member of the body - turn our attention to that person, praying for them, supporting them, comforting them, and nursing them back to spiritual, emotional or physical health. We should all gladly sacrifice whatever is necessary in order to make sure that member of body is healed.

"Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say 'because I am not an eye, I do not belong in the body,' it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts of the body, every one of them, just as He wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be?" 1 Corinthians 14-18




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressing the Vine

Never Forget

Without a Doubt