Send To Home

 A few months ago, I offered to help out my daughter in law, who was quite busy with my newborn grandson and two year old granddaughter. She smiled with appreciation, grabbed a remote control and said, "Okay, I'll send Dobby home". I stood there perplexed, wondering who is "Dobby" - and why is she sending him home? After explaining that was what they called their robot vacuum (cleverly adopted from the "house elf" of Harry Potter), I realized how out of touch I had become with technology. Turns out, there is a handy "home" button on the remote control. I watched in amazement as that busy little thing zoomed obediently back to it's charging station.

The Bible tells us that this world is not our home. We are just sojourners, serving as God's Ambassadors in order to represent Him to a dying world which is in desperate need of His love. As the old hymn says, "this world is not my home, I'm a just a-pass'n through, my treasures are laid up for me somewhere beyond the blue".

It's easy to get tangled up in today's problems and forget where our true citizenship is. How often we need a "send home" button to reset our heart and mind.

One day, our work here will be complete. No more running in circles trying to clean a mess in this world that refuses to recognize its own filth. 

How grateful I am that although sin had left a crimson stain on my heart, Jesus washed it white as snow and has promised to send me home in His perfect timing!

"We do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 

2 Corinthians 4:18


Home button


Comments

  1. Follow us on a journey that ends at the feet of Jesus. Where in His throne room we can dance like David.

    https://youtu.be/X-cEgd0Nn9Q

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Stressing the Vine

Never Forget

Without a Doubt