Truth Decay

For the record, the dentist’s office is my least favorite place to be. I admit right here and now to being the biggest coward on the planet. It’s bad enough for a regular check-up but when I hear “hmmm, looks like decay…”mumbled over me, my butt starts inching down the chair. Yet tooth decay, if not treated, will only get worse.

Forgive the play on words, but there is a huge epidemic of truth decay in our society that if not corrected, will only worsen. This disease dates back to the beginning of creation when the Serpent said to Eve “did God really say…? And from that point forward, we question truth and substitute it with what we want to believe. That choice leads to the worst kind of decay – the kind that leads to foolishness. The Bible compares truth with light and lies with darkness. One of the most obvious examples of this has to do with creation. It’s much easier to believe there is no Creator because, after all, that would make us accountable to Him. Yet God has shown Himself to us in everything He has made. Every living thing bears His fingerprints.
“For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities-His eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.” (Romans 1:20-22).

Jesus said “yet because I tell you the truth, you do not believe Me!” (John 8:45) and called Himself the Way, the Truth and the Life. (John 14:6). Notice He did not say “a” truth, as one of ‘many” truths. There is only one – the One and only Truth. In the words of John the Apostle, “The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth”. (John 1:14).

Here is wisdom: if we diligently seek to know Truth, we will find it. “You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13).
Where there is decay, there is stench. God says that those who believe Him are a “pleasing aroma” to Him. As we immerse ourselves in His Truth, may we openly proclaim it and work to overcome the lies that permeate our fallen world.

Comments

  1. There is, indeed, only one truth and the Word has always been alive. In reading His Word each day, I find that every single syllable whispers the name of Jesus. Finding not only truth and love but experiencing every verse coming alive for me personally.

    Though I know this truth and feel the Spirit of it dwelling and moving within me, I find myself as the Apostle Paul found himself -- "For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice." (Romans 7:15-19)

    Thus I rely upon the fact that my clinging to the Cross will be my only Way to Salvation.

    -- wretch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus said “yet because I tell you the truth, you do not believe Me!” (John 8:45) Hi Robin! My earthly father told me the truth. Stuff to make me a (I hope) a better person. What he belielved to be the truth. Fortunately...he is a good man. Imperfect. My dad. But just a man. But in his role as my father...carved a path to our heavenly Father. The reason I do believe...did not come from belief...but my relationship with my dad. I didn't just know about my dad..I lived with him. Love him. We have a relationship. A personal relationship like no others. Jesus has always known me. Personally. That to me is the key...to know Him personally. To love Him personally. The way He made me. No religion. Relationship. One on one. No two the same. Like my daughters. Same love...different relationships. You are wonderful! Got it? Wonderful blog! My love...Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed to mention that my relationship with our Lord is from His Spirit. The Holy Spirit. The one Jesus promised to send who is the same. While Jesus was preparing a place for us. We are Spirit, soul and body. My soul is my goofy personallity. My body is...well...buh bye now! lol. But my spirit is sealed forever and protected from satan. "Be anxious for nothing. But in everything through prayer, suplication and with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and minds through Christ Jesus" I hope I quoted that correctly! Our hearts and minds...my soul. What satan has access to. Not my spirit. Not ever. When I am diligent talking with "Daddy" Abba...my soul will find peace. And if the Broncos win the soooooper bowl, my neighbors will find peace! The next day! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Stressing the Vine

Never Forget

Without a Doubt