Easy Does It

It's amazing to me how much God teaches me when I slow down long enough to listen.

This morning I am "hanging out" in the airport after missing my flight and being rescheduled. People are racing in every direction, each with an agenda more important than the next guy's. Some are headed for vacation, others headed for business. After going through a pack of gum in about 5 minutes, I'm reminded that I will get to my destination eventually and tomorrow everything will be back to normal when I arrive at the office.

In the meantime, what good will it do to tie myself in knots? I can't change much at this point but I can make the best of it.

Is there someone God wants me to meet today? Is there someone needing encouragement or a listening ear? Or maybe just a smile? I want to be available to Him, ready to be used wherever and whenever He wills . After all, I am not my own but I've been bought with a price.

Whether at work or play, may we who belong to Him always be attentive to His guidance and be anxious for nothing along the way.

"For we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." -Romans 8:28


Comments

  1. I was in the airport yesterday and saw ppl coming and going. I saw a tv pastor that I watch regularly getting his shoes shined. I stopped and introduced myself. We talked about the same thing you posted. God does put ppl in our lives for a reason. We will know when to meet them. The important ones are the ones He already placed there. In our lives. I will try to remember all of them. I can be neglectful of...even mean to them while looking for strangers God didn't intend me to meet. I like your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have these insecurities. Some we know are similar, if not exactly the same.

    Every morning when I awaken, they are present, throughout the day, in my quiet times, they consistantly haunt me. I long for assurances and to be told, "peace, be still."

    Then I have to ask myself, what voice is it I am listening to? That of the enemy who wants me to believe I am not worthy of anything? Or the voice of my Jesus who loved me so much, that he died for me then went out to prepare a place for me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Stressing the Vine

Never Forget

Without a Doubt